The Armitage Files
- Core Clues – clues which steer the players from each key scene to the next. It is imperative that players obtain these clues.
- Zero Spend Clues – non-core clues that are associated with a particular skill but cost the player no skill pool points to obtain. However the player must have a non-zero skill rating and choose to engage that skill in the scene to get the clue.
- Point Spend Clues – non-core clues that require the player to hand over 1 or 2 skill pool points in a particular skill and require the player to say they are using that skill.
- Inconspicuous Clues – a clue that requires no pool points to obtain but does require a non-zero skill level rating in a particular skill. However the investigator will be awarded the clue if they are just present at the scene without having to state they are using their skill. An example in the draft Esoterrorists 2nd Edition rulebook is a player passing through a hotel lobby noticing a spot of blood on the carpet because the blood spot is associated with the Evidence Collection skill which the player possesses.
- Simple-Search Clues – clues that require no point spend and are not associated with any particular skill but which will be given to any player who states they are searching a particular scene or object that holds the clue. An example given is finding an envelope taped underneath a table in a room subjected to a search.
Back to Rules